- A varied and balanced Parliament means that every vote counts
- A varied and balanced Parliament is truly democratic
- In a general election the electorate are voting for Members of Parliament, NOT members of Government.
- A Parliament made up of a spectrum of opinions and ideals provides enough debate and checks and balances to ensure that extremes of thought or behaviour do not happen
- An extreme Government will not be allowed to make damaging and extreme decisions
So, here is some explanation of the difference between Government and Parliament:
GovernmentThis is the the set of people who Govern the country on a day to day basis in the name of the UK monarch: the Prime Minister and other Cabinet Ministers, and they only have power when there is majority of that political party in the House of Commons. The wining party select the Prime Minister and he or she chooses their cabinet. They are basically the UK's executive management committee.
My point is, vote for who you want in your constituency, vote with your heart and your voice, vote for difference and your beliefs because in order to get the best for the country all opinions have to be aired and no-one will be able to take the UK into a extreme, all powerful, direction undermining the needs of the people of Britain. Just Vote.